When we are following a diet it is always true that it is best to opt for low-calorie recipes, which we few calories, to help control and reduce weight. Of course, any recipe is not enough. It is necessary – and essential – that these recipes provide us with the essential nutrients that our body needs so much every day.
When summer comes and we are following a diet may be ideal to opt for refreshing recipes that besides healthy and low in calories help us mitigate the heat we can feel these days.
A great choice is fresh salads, fruit cocktails or even other recipes, such as pasta or seafood salads. But if there is a star dish quite common during this time of year is the Russian salad. It is an extremely simple recipe to prepare, as it is prepared with potatoes, onions, peppers, tuna, and olives. But for those who follow a diet, there is a food product that can become a real enemy: mayonnaise.
You may also like to read: What to eat to lose weight?
One option is to have on hand a delicious recipe of low-calorie Russian salad, which brings us all the taste of the best Russian salad, but nevertheless, stands out precisely because it is low in calories.
Low-calorie Russian salad recipe
- 1 bottle of light mayonnaise
- 1 kilo of potatoes
- 2 cans of natural tuna
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion (remove in case of intolerance to onion)
- 4 eggs.
- 1 small bottle of olives.
Preparation of the light Russian salad:
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in half.
- Spoon them in a saucepan with water, adding a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, wash the pepper, cut it in half to remove its seeds and then cut it into thin strips.
- Peel the onion and cut in very thin squares (skip this step if you are intolerant to the onion).
- When the potatoes are cooked, reserve and scrape them very well with the help of a fork.
- When cooked well add the tuna, the pepper, and the onion.
- Cook the 4 eggs in a saucepan.
- When the eggs are cooked, let cool. When they become cold remove the peel and cut them in half to stay alone with their whites.
- Mix the other ingredients with light mayonnaise.
- Finally, garnish with the eggs and add the olives.
- Reserve in the refrigerator until consumption.